Child protection responsibilities of governors within independent schools and what to expect. Gain knowledge to safeguarding within educational settings and discover what best practice looks like. Certificate awarded. (England, UK only) Course length: Approx 2 hrs
- To understand the child protection responsibilities of governors within independent schools.
- To gain knowledge of the background to safeguarding within educational settings.
- To understand the expectations of a governor and to know what to expect of others.
- To be aware of what best practice in safeguarding looks like within a school.
Who is this course for?
- Independent Schools Governors in England, UK
- Course outline
- What to expect
- Course Aims
- What is safeguarding and child protection
- School's responsibilities
- School governor's responsibilities
- Culture and accountability
- Professional lead and recruitment
- Supervision and training
- The local authority designated officer
- Named governor
- Legal and statutory guidance
- North Somerset Serious Case Review - implications for governors
- Who do governors report their concerns to?
- Allegations made against staff
- The disclosure and barring service
- Safer recruitment and management
- Policies and procedures
- Working Together to Safeguard Children 2013
- Expectations of governors
- Your expectations of the school
- Best practice in safeguarding
- Course test